History

History

Columbus Circle Investors was established in 1975 as the in-house manager for Gulf + Western Industries (now a part of Viacom, Inc.).  In 1985, the business was acquired by Thomson McKinnon Asset Management and, in October 1990, the management of Columbus Circle Investors led a buy-out and formed Thompson Advisory Group L.P.  In November 1994, the Partnership consolidated its business with the investment advisory businesses of Pacific Financial Asset Management Corporation, which later became known as PIMCO Advisors L.P.  In July 1999, PIMCO Equity Advisors L.P. retired as a partner and Columbus Circle Investors became independently owned by the management of the company.  In January 2005, Principal Global Investors, a unit of The Principal Financial Group (Nasdaq: PFG), acquired a 70.35% ownership interest in Columbus Circle Investors.  Effective September 30, 2014, Principal Global Investors purchased an additional 24.65% ownership interest in CCI. As of April 2015, Principal Global Investors had acquired 97.5% of Columbus Circle Investors and acquired the remaining 2.5% in April 2016. Currently, CCI is 100% owned by Principal Global Investors.  CCI continues to maintain full investment autonomy.

CCI was established as the in-house manager for Gulf + Western Industries (now a part of Viacom, Inc.).

1975

The management of CCI led a buy-out and formed TAG, Thompson Advisory Group L.P.

1990

PIMCO retired as a partner of CCI.

1999

PGI acquired an additional 24.65% of CCI.

2014

1985

CCI was acquired by Thompson McKinnon Asset Management.

1994

TAG acquired PIMCO from Pacific Life.

2005

PGI acquired 70.35% of CCI.

2016

PGI acquired the remainder of CCI.

CCI was established as the in-house manager for Gulf + Western Industries (now a part of Viacom, Inc.).

1975

CCI was acquired by Thompson McKinnon Asset Management.

1985

The management of CCI led a buy-out and formed TAG, Thompson Advisory Group L.P.

1990

TAG acquired PIMCO from Pacific Life.

1994

PIMCO retired as a partner of CCI.

1999

PGI acquired 70.35% of CCI.

2005

PGI acquired an additional 24.65% of CCI.

2014

PGI acquired the remainder of CCI.

2016

back to top